Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Text - "YELLE Logo"

Last week I used a combination of photoshop and After Effects to create an animated title for a concert a shot. The band is YELLE. They are french electro pop.

I found the cover to their new album Safari Disco Club and created a similar logo in photoshop.

                                                                        Album


Photoshop File




Then I brought the logo into after effects and created the text using the Lithos Pro font. I found it matched the safari theme. After, I animated the scale as well as put some blur animation on the text for a subtle, yet interesting fade in. Once I had my rendered movie, I added it to Final Cut and changed the composite type to screen. This made the black transparent.

For a background, I used a video matte, and using the screen composite I was able to key frame a solid in the background to change color from the album's tan to a deep blue that matched the show's lighting.

The song titles were similar, except a animated a stretch for the logo and made the oval horizontal.

No comments:

Post a Comment